Caregiver support burnout is real.
Furthermore, it can take a heavy toll on a caregiver’s mind, body, and well-being. Often, people who are caring for loved-ones experience depression, anxiety, compromised health, and high levels of stress as they manage the demands of many roles.
- Are you caring for a loved one impacted by a chronic or progressive illness?
- Do you find yourself struggling to care for yourself as you balance the demands of work, parenting and caring for your spouse, parent or another family member or friend?
- Are you looking for tools and strategies to help you communicate and care for a loved one impacted by dementia or cognitive loss?
- Perhaps, you are feeling anger, guilt, deep grief, and loss as you see your loved-one change through the process of aging or a progressive illness?
- Are you looking for support and professional guidance as you plan for the “next steps” with an ill or aging family member?
- Has your relationship with your loved one changed as you move into the role of caregiver, and are you seeking strategies to communicate with each other?
Talking with a Therapist at Lifepath Therapy Associates Can Help
Our therapists at LifePath have helped many people facing the emotional and physical challenges that come with caregiver support. Of course, we know that the work of caregiving requires strength and resilience. And, caregivers who do not take care of themselves become susceptible to emotional distress as well as physical health challenges.
The LifePath Approach to Caring for Caregivers
Our therapists create a safe place to process and share your feelings. This will help you to more deeply understand the impact of your loved one’s life and illness on you. You will explore strategies to care for yourself and manage the stress you are feeling. In therapy, we will explore how you might give yourself the same compassion you share with others. And, to help you to feel less isolated, depressed, and anxious. Our therapists are also experienced in working with families changed by dementia. Then, we’ll share practical tools and resources for communication and care. Together, sharing support and creating a space for you to acknowledge and cope with grief, loss, and stress. All these, that many caregivers experience as they see our loved one change. We often use mindfulness, meditation, and creative arts approaches to help facilitate exploration.
Begin Caregiver Support Therapy in Chicago, IL
To begin working with us, just follow these three simple steps.
- Contact LifePath Therapy Associates for a free consultation
- Meet with one of our experienced clinicians.
- Feel calmer and more at peace in your life as you take care of your needs
Both In-Person and Online Therapy is available!
More Counseling Services
at LifePath Therapy Associates
Our therapists understand that people face a multitude of unique challenges across the lifespan, and we offer therapy services for grief and loss support, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress and complex trauma, gender and sexuality, maternal mental health, young adults, couples work, family therapy, and caregiver support, as well as many other specialized areas of focus. Reach out today to be matched with the therapist who is the best fit for you!